Places to Visit

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Wedding Dress Drama

I have had some drama in the dress department.  

Tons to be honest with you.

Company going out of business - seriously only me!
Dress arriving damaged.
Dress not looking like I hoped.
Dress that  I love not being the traditional sort of dress.

Many tears have been shed, many moments of OMG what am I going to do?  Poor Cowboy has gotten several crying phone calls. 

Then I stumbled across a blog post of another bride last night... she said something that hit home.

She said something like this...

It's your wedding day and you need to dress so you feel beautiful because if you feel beautiful then everyone else will see that beauty.   If you are traditional then  be traditional!  If you are non- traditional be non-tradition.   If you are both than so be it.   You are who you are and remember stay true to that because if you don't you will be miserable.  


My problem is I tried to be uber traditional in what I was wearing... that is not me.  I am unconventional/sassy/sparkly/ girly - while I do respect and love tradition... I am taking my Cowboy's name --  I enjoy the wow factor.   I just needed several failed dresses and some crying sessions to remember that.  

So be  prepared to be Sassified because this dress is all ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment